Why do we choose these 10 points? What are the functions?
Acupoints can cure diseases, which is the methodology of traditional Chinese medicine. Acupoints are the switch of the meridian and immunity as a born pharmacy. By stimulating acupoints (acupuncture points, moxibustion points, points scraping, etc.), we can not only treat the skin surface diseases but also regulate the internal organs. Each of the 10 parts in the picture owns unique attributes and functions in traditional Chinese medicine. In western medical anatomy, most of them are the starting and ending point of the facial muscles and can be acted on by strengthening fibers and making the skin tight.
- Point 1 (Yintang Acupoint): Improve rough skin and reduce wrinkles
- Point 2 (Chengjiang Acupoint): Maintain skin tension and prevent sagging
- Point 3 (Jingming Acupoint): Effectively relieve eye fatigue, reduce dark circles and wrinkles around the eyes, and keep the breast fit
- Point 4 (Yangbai Acupoint): Whiten and lighten spots and lift the face
- Point 5 (Taiyang Acupoint): Control eye lines and relieve fatigue
- Point 6 (Chengqi Acupoint): Prevent puffy and sagging skin around the eyes
- Point 7 (Sibai Acupoint): ocular edema and pigmentation caused by long-term staying up; effectively relieve eye fatigue, reduce dark circles and wrinkles around the eyes
- Point 8 (Yingxiang Acupoint): moisten the lung; relieve the stuffy nose; rejuvenate and tighten the skin
- Point 9 (Dicang Acupoint): control stomach temperature and appetite; improve nasolabial folds (smile lines)
- Point 10 (Jiache Acupoint): promote blood circulation, reduce spots, and lift the face.
Before face gua sha, take Angle-C of the MAGIC tool to knead the 10 parts as the picture shows, a total of 18 acupoints (2 acupoints on the central axis, 8 acupoints on the left face, and 8 on the right).